GreenSky is a fast paced, innovative and growing disruptor in the Financial Technology space. You will be part of a team that leverages analytics to drive growth and innovation. We are looking for an enthusiastic analytical problem solver with strong quantitative skills, intellectual curiosity at an exciting time for our company to support growth.
This is a strategic role that sits at the heart of value creation with emphasis on developing tactics and strategies for collections operations to elevate business performance. If working in a rigid and slow business doesn’t excite you, then this role could be a great fit for you.
We are a data driven company so there will be no shortage of interesting questions to answer!
Organizational: This position is a member of the Credit Strategy team
• Autonomously identify business risks and opportunities and provide strategic or tactical recommendations using data-driven approach
• Develop and monitor KPIs and present performance to management and executive leadership on a regular basis
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement or enhance customer centric loss mitigation strategies to enhance functional capabilities
• Develop, implement and monitor analytical strategies for delinquent portfolio. Scope includes analysis of portfolio dynamics, customer segmentation, optimization of loss mitigation efforts, digital collections, forecasting, and enhancements of collections support systems.
• Monitor emerging trends in collections treatment and technology across the industry. Support assessment and implementation of risk technology platforms /processes to improve capacity, efficiency and functionality of operations.
• Collaborate with management in Credit, Sales, Technology, Operations, Product, Finance, Compliance, and Executives to optimize risk/return of corporate initiatives
• Work with cross-functional teams to achieve desired corporate/departmental/team goals, building consensus, agreement, and a common vision for the future
• Provide valuable insights using data-driven analytics to help identify and resolve issues relating to risk and profitability to both internal leadership and external partners
• Provide analysis and white-space problem solving to address potential new products and policies as well as coordinate with various teams to drive towards execution
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Economics, Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, etc.
• 5+ years of experience in an analytics role
• 2+ years in collections analytics, strategy, or operations role
• 2+ years leading analytical talent
• Strong SQL or similar skills
• Strong R, Python or similar skills
• Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Persistent, confident, and inquisitive personality; Skilled communicator and collaborator with proven ability to influence others
• Proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Master's degree (Business administration or quantitative field - Finance, Math, Statistics).
• Experience in collections strategy / consumer lending credit risk is preferred
• Forecasting experience is desirable
• Ability to independently lead strategy and analytical projects from idea to implementation to post-implementation validation and performance monitoring
• Proficient in Excel VBA, SQL, SAS or R
• Strong understanding of Quantitative Financial Analysis
• Ability to understand risk implications of financial products