This position is a member of the Credit Strategy team
The Credit Strategy team manages consumer and merchant risk across all our verticals and products. We enable profitable growth through the development of profitable decision-making frameworks, the creation of predictive models and segmentation, and the design of customer servicing and merchant management strategies.
The team is structured under following core functions:
• Consumer Credit Risk Management: Monitor consumer loan portfolios and optimize profit based on consumer loan performance
• Merchant Risk Management: merchant risk management throughout the merchant lifecycle from underwriting to ongoing merchant management
• Fraud Risk: Evaluate consumer and merchant applications for fraud risk and develop strategies to minimize fraud losses
• Collections Strategy: Analyze high risk and delinquent accounts and develop strategies to maximize collections and recoveries
• Autonomously identify business risks and opportunities and create strategic or tactical recommendations using data-driven analysis
• Work directly and through subordinates to provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support for asset performance, suspicious activity, risk exposure, and growth initiatives
• Manage and develop high performing team of analysts
• Collaborate with management in Credit, Sales, Technology, Operations, Product, Finance, Compliance, and Executives/Board to optimize risk/return of corporate initiatives
• Work with cross-functional teams to achieve desired corporate/departmental/team goals, building consensus, agreement, and a common vision for the future
• Develop and manage KPIs and present performance to management and executive leadership on a regular basis
• Provide valuable insights using data-driven analytics to help identify and resolve issues relating to risk and profitability to both internal leadership and external partners
• Provide analysis and white-space problem solving to address potential new products and policies as well as coordinate with various teams to drive towards execution
• Identifies business risks and opportunities, provides strategic or tactical recommendations, and aids in the development and maintenance of the strategy and product roadmaps in the Home Improvement vertical.
• Evaluate credit bureau and other data sources to optimize underwriting/acquisition criteria, risk-based pricing, and line assignment strategy.
• Design gameable loan performance, loan profitability models.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
• 4-7+ years of experience conducting analysis in risk management at a financial services firm
• 2+ years of experience in driving business strategy using data analytics and/or predictive analytics
• 2+ years of previous management experience
• Experienced thought leader in data driven strategy development and quantitative risk management
• Previous experience with consumer lending credit risk; policy & analysis or risk management
• Ability to apply quantitative methods to influence key business decisions and provide guidance and insights to senior management
• Ability to understand risk implications of credit products
• Experience with using SQL, SAS, R, Phyton or another similar programming language
• Proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel including proficiency with pivot tables and PowerPoint
• Passionate about using data and analytics to solve problems
• Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical abilities
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically
• Ability to coach and develop a team of highly skilled resources
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Skilled communicator with ability to influence others
• Persistent, confident, and inquisitive personality
• Flexibility, perseverance, and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, and demanding environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
• Ability to independently lead strategy and analytical projects from idea to implementation to post-implementation validation and performance monitoring
• Exposure to Data Visualization software, like Tableau preferred