This position is a member of the Credit Strategy team.
The Credit Strategy team manages consumer and merchant risk across all our verticals and products. We enable profitable growth through the development of profitable decision-making frameworks, the creation of predictive models and segmentation, and the design of customer servicing and merchant management strategies.
The team is structured under following core functions:
• Consumer Credit Risk Management: Define consumer loan credit strategies and monitor consumer loan portfolios to optimize profit based on consumer loan performance
• Merchant Risk Management: Manage merchant risk throughout the merchant lifecycle from underwriting to ongoing merchant performance/behavior/profitability monitoring and management
• Fraud Risk: Evaluate consumer and merchant applications for fraud risk and develop strategies to minimize fraud losses
• Collections Strategy: Analyze high risk and delinquent accounts and develop strategies to maximize collections and recoveries
• Identify credit risks as well as opportunities to create strategic or tactical solutions based on data-driven analytics
• Obtain analytical-oriented insights on credit risk and profitability issues
• Provide analytical support to asset performance management, risk exposure control, early warning sign detection, profitability enhancements, and business growth initiatives
• Develop, monitor, and manage KPIs and communicate with the management/leadership team on population/portfolio shifts/changes and necessary strategic adjustments
• Partner with internal affiliates to enhance business understanding and facilitate inter-departmental communications
• 1-5 years of experience in conducting data analytics, preferably on credit risk policies/strategies in financial services industry. Experience with commercial credit is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree with advanced degree preferrable in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
• Ability to handle / analyze large datasets using SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language. Knowledge with Tableau or similar BI/data visualization tools is a plus
• Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical abilities
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Skilled communicator with ability to influence others
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically
• Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.