Are you a strong technical writer and skilled editor Do you use critical thinking skills and deductive reasoning to identify and remediate process gaps and apply logic to create step-by-step instructions? Are you resourceful, curious, and able to juggle competing priorities? Do you like working with people in a friendly, collaborative, team environment? If this describes you, we want to talk with you!
As part of the Learning and Development team, you will be responsible for writing, editing, and maintaining on the job resources including Scripts and Task Guides, User Guides, Job Aids, etc. aligned to policies and procedures for all areas of Operations, e.g., Collections, Customer Service, and Fraud Operations. You will work with business partners to write new documentation, perform periodic content reviews of existing documentation to ensure relevancy and accuracy, and secure appropriate approvals prior to publishing to internal repository for distribution to appropriate audiences.
• Meet with business unit leaders and subject matter experts to write new Operations resources and review existing resources to ensure content is accurate and complies with Operations policy and procedures and industry standards. May also review Legal and Compliance policies and procedures.
• Meet with business unit leaders and subject matter experts to take an inventory of existing documentation, auditing to determine any gaps, and crafting resources that are of value for agents in navigating the customer experience.
• Leverage internal resources, e.g., subject, matter experts, process maps, learning and development content, and internal audits, to continually improve documents, eliminate issues, and minimize risk.
• Conduct research using online and external sources.
• Lead document reviews and obtain the appropriate approvals for revisions.
• Maintain consistent template formatting, version control, and terminology across all documentation.
• Assist in updating and maintaining the inventory and repository for all Operations on the job resources and related content.
• Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by others.
• Gather internal feedback on documentation to improve useability.
• Act as editor to ensure consistency in training documentation.
• Very strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
• Become a subject matter expert of the documented processes and procedures and how the different tools ae used to perform various operations related tasks.
• Regular use of a knowledge management system to manage the lifecycle of documentation including draft, review and publish phases.
• Regular communication and synchronization with the Vice President of Learning and Development
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
• Five (5) or more years in technical writing experience, writing complex documentation, learning and development experience, or appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail and ability to review others’ work and accept constructive feedback on one’s own work.
• Ability to write for different audiences and produce content that is clear, concise, accurate, consistent, and easily understood by the target audience.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
• Strong organization and time management skills, including the confidence and ability to prioritize work and lead meetings.
• Deep familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Expert-level experience working with Word, including managing large documents and working with established styles, templates, and Operations style guide.
• Knowledge of – or a willingness to learn about – consumer lending laws and regulations (Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, Truth in Lending Act).
• Familiarity with the financial services industry.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter. If invited to interview, you will be asked to provide two to three writing samples to Human Resources in advance of the interview and to participate in a writing, editing, and proofreading exercise. Based on results, hand-selected candidates will be asked to complete a take-home procedure-writing assignment.