GreenSky’s Capital Markets team is responsible for implementing the Company’s strategy to actively diversify its funding model. The Capital Markets team works closely with our Bank Partner coverage group to coordinate loan allocation and distribution among our existing Bank Partners as well as source new commitments from banks and institutional investors.
The role’s responsibilities include: (a) coordinating the forecasting of loan funding for bank partners and institutional investors, (b) developing and implementing strategies to maintain compliance within various funding commitments, (c) forecasting the timing and loan composition of anticipated capital market transactions, including asset-backed securitization (ABS) issuance, (d) maintaining a consolidated corporate funding forecast , and (e) other monthly Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) reporting. In addition, you will develop portfolio and origination reporting and monitoring metrics to insure optimal portfolio construction and funding requirements.
This position will also be instrumental in the development, integration and automation of our next-stage consumer loan Data and Analytics platform. Coupled with our loan funding allocation model, this platform supports consumer loan portfolio sales, funding and liquidity management of GreenSky’s asset-backed revolving warehouse credit facility and term ABS issuance. As a result, preferred candidates will have significant hands-on experience in loan data, analytics and reporting, preferably in a capital markets environment (ABS or mortgage-backed securitization) or treasury management for a consumer loan originator or servicer.
Organizational: This position is a member of the Capital Markets team, reporting to the SVP of Strategic Relations and interacting directly with GreenSky’s EVP of Capital Markets.
• Assist the various teams in GreenSky’s Finance Department in support of the Company’s funding diversification, including the development and integration of an automated funding and liquidity model to drive effective loan allocation across all available funding sources.
• Incorporate loan origination forecasts, bank commitments and Capital Markets transactions into the Company’s liquidity strategies across multiple business lines.
• Maintain a dynamic, comprehensive and consolidated corporate funding forecast for corporate Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
• Improve current methodologies, lead comprehensive scenario analyses and drive strategic direction of loan optimization among the Company’s loan origination and funding sources.
• Play a leading role in developing new loan programs and assessing feasibility of allocation across funding sources.
• Coordinate with Capital Markets team members, including its Director of Analytics, in the Company’s build out and integration of its Data and Analytics platform.
• Assist in the negotiation and execution of sale and securitization transactions among internal GreenSky stakeholders and external counterparties.
• Communicate effectively with GreenSky Executives and other Company participants, including colleagues in Credit Risk, Accounting, Treasury and Product Management, among others.
• Create Executive-level and detailed reporting metrics on a recurring and ad hoc basis.
• Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of securitization, consumer lending, portfolio analytics and related financial analysis and data management experience.
• 3+ years of effective small or large team management.
• Demonstrated capabilities in programming languages and managing large data sets via Excel VBA, SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau et al.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic setting.
• Ability to collaborate and integrate this role within the broader GreenSky organization while effectively communicating with external stakeholders, including our Bank Partners and Capital Markets network.
• Clear and concise communicator with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills: Utilize those skills to effectively translate complex analytics, data and portfolio elements for application by senior management in transaction negotiations.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years of bank loan origination or capital markets experience.
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Economics, Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, etc.
• In depth knowledge and previous experience with consumer lending credit risk.
• Strong understanding of quantitative financial analysis and ability to assess risk implications of financial products.