- Monitor real time queues and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio.
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft, counterfeit and similar other risks.
- Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing.
- Resolve high risk alerts within the service level agreements to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Investigate fraud claims and make decisions regarding their validity based on available internal and card brand policies and 3rd party data and in accordance with defined SOP’s
- Interact with banks and customers to validate information and to confirm or cancel authorizations.
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements.
- Monitor constantly customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts.
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends.
- Recommend new software tools used for fraud detection, prevention and reporting activities.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers.
- Handle escalated customer calls/inquiries
- Answer phone inquiries from merchants and other banks pertaining to cases that have been worked
- Maintain individual accountability for performance metrics ensuring ever-increasing levels of productivity and accuracy against established benchmarks
- Create clear, concise and compelling documentation to respond to inquiries from legal
- Utilize BPMN process training
Shifts: Shifts vary, and cover hours from 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM, 5 shifts per week, any day of the week. Shifts are primarily 9 hours with a 1 hour unpaid lunch. Most analysts are required to work at least 1 weekend day per week. The Customer Protection department is open 363 days/year (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Location: Atlanta, Georgia. Little, if any travel required.
Organization: This position is a member of the Fraud Prevention Department and reports to a Front Line Manager – Fraud Prevention.