Are you a strong writer and skilled editor? Do you use critical thinking skills to identify and remediate process gaps and apply logic to create step-by-step instructions? Are you resourceful, curious, and able to juggle competing priorities? Do you like working with people in a friendly, collaborative, team environment? If this describes you, we want to talk with you!
To be considered for this position, please attach a cover letter, in addition to your resume.
As part of the technical writing team, you will be responsible for writing, editing, and maintaining policies and procedures for all areas of Operations, e.g., Collections, Customer Service, and Fraud Prevention. You will work with business partners to write new documentation, perform periodic content reviews of existing documentation to ensure relevancy and accuracy, and secure appropriate approvals prior to publishing to internal repository for distribution to appropriate audiences.
ensure relevancy and accuracy, and secure appropriate approvals prior to publishing to internal repository and distributing to appropriate audiences.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Travel: Minimal travel, if any is required.
Organizational: This position is a member of the Business Risk Office team and will report to the Department Operations Manager.
• Meet with business unit leaders and subject matter experts to write new Operations policies and/or procedures and review existing policies and procedures to ensure content is accurate and complies with federal and state laws and industry standards. May also review Legal and Compliance policies and procedures.
• Leverage internal resources, e.g., process maps, learning and development content, and internal audits, to continually improve documents, eliminate issues, and minimize risk. Conduct research using online and external sources.
• Lead document reviews and obtain the appropriate approvals for revisions.
• Maintain consistent template formatting, version control, and terminology across all documentation.
• Assist in updating and maintaining the inventory and repository for all Operations policies and procedures and related content.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
o Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
o Three (3) or more years of technical writing experience, learning and development experience, or appropriate combination of education and experience.
o Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail and ability to review others’ work and accept constructive feedback on one’s own work.
o Ability to write for different audiences and produce content that is clear, concise, accurate, consistent, and easily understood by the target audience.
o Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
o Strong organization and time management skills, including the confidence and ability to prioritize work and lead meetings.
o Deep familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
o Expert-level experience working with Word, including managing large documents and working with styles, templates, and internal style guide.
o Knowledge of – or a willingness to learn about – consumer lending laws and regulations (Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, Truth in Lending Act).
o Familiarity with the financial services industry.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter. If invited to interview, you will be asked to provide 2-3 writing samples to HR in advance of the interview and to participate in an on-site writing, editing, and proofreading exercise. Based on results, hand-selected candidates will be asked to complete a take-home procedure-writing assignment.