Technology is enabling financial technology upstarts to challenge traditional banks in consumer finance with speed, simplicity and consumer friendly products. If you’d like to play a key part in the future of a highly successful company poised for years of greatness, come join the GreenSky team.
Since 2006, our company’s people, process and technology solutions have played a critical role in transforming business and consumer credit, enabling more affordable access to financing. We have built relationships with retailers and merchants in all 50 states by providing their customers loans through our bank partnerships. We are one of the fastest growing fin-tech startups in North America, more than doubling in size over the past year.
Position: Investigative Fraud Analyst
This position will be a fraud Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the following attributes.
• Ability to take ownership of each customer while prioritizing customer needs
• Resolve conflicts and manage customer expectations
• Determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions through relationship building
• Effective verbal and written communication with both external and internal customers
• Document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
• Ability to engage in interactive dialogue with customers through active listening
• Effective communication with both local and Federal law enforcement agencies and regulators
• Ability to present publicly at Industry conferences
• Advanced interrogation skills
• Ability to mentor and coach less experienced representatives
Problem Solving Skills
• Approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate outcome
• Quickly make appropriate decisions on behalf of both the customer and GreenSky
• Effectively prioritize work to ensure efficiency
• Conduct research as needed
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Required to abide by all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures
• Knowledgeable of current and emerging fraud trends for both consumer facing and merchant facing portfolios.
• Familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs, window navigation and instant messenger tools
• Fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools
• Advanced knowledge of Lexus Nexus.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Travel: Less than 10%
Organizational: This position is a member of the Fraud Investigation team and reports to the Director of Fraud Prevention Strategy.
• Researches, analyzes, and links high risk transactions to identify possible cases of fraud and identify fraud ring activity.
• Assists underwriters with identifying high risk application activity.
• Interacts with internal and external customers and supervisors to recommend and perform appropriate actions required to mitigate losses and to provide a positive customer experience.
• Documents and evaluates results of actions to support fraud trending and reporting and ensures that best practices are followed.
• Identify fraud patterns and communicate observations to analyst(s).
• Comply with all applicable federal regulations in decision process.
• Apply expanded knowledge base of fraud schemes to assist in handling of specialized fraud functions such as identity theft, synthetic identities, bust-outs, and cross-channel fraud.
• Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers, including support all branches and customer contact centers.
• Identify control issues/policy violations and propose actions to mitigate reoccurrence.
• Interface with federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to ensure current knowledge of current fraud trends.
• Assist with more complex assignments as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, or criminal justice
• 4+ years work experience in financial services industry, primarily in operations related to customer protection, disputes, internal and external fraud to include credit cards, consumer lending, customer service, and or other transactional businesses
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and take appropriate action based on investigative results.
• Demonstrated aptitude to utilize computer systems, adhere to bank policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with applicable bank regulations.
• Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently on special projects.
• Solid understanding of fraud risk management practices, as well as practices for prevention, detection, remediation and reporting of internal and external fraud within financial institutions
• Demonstrated ability to work in a continually evolving and dynamic environment
• Project/Program Management experience a plus
• Experience in law enforcement a plus.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.