The Audio Visual Lead will provide customer service support and technical assistance to all users of the audio visual systems at all sites. This position works closely with the Networking, Helpdesk, Client Services, Facilities, Office Managers, and IT Helpdesk and handles first level support and inquiries. This position requires the highest level of customer service and competence to include immediate resolution or escalation of any AV, networking, or workstation related challenges or requests for service.
- Provide support/monitoring and take ownership of the video and audio services offered to management, associates, and clients/visitors of the company.
- Maintain all audio-visual equipment, consisting of television displays, projectors, video conference equipment, NUC workstations, conference room telephones, HDMI distribution amplifiers, sound systems, PA systems, projection screens, cameras, keyboards, microphones, room reservation systems, cable interconnects, and infrastructure wiring.
- Facilitate video conferences and services for larger groups within the company and to external sites. Communicate needs and changes to internal team members in all sites and outside bridging services.
- Facilitate meetings using web conferencing technology for small and large groups across multiple time zones and offices.
- Provide support for video initiatives using web meeting products such as WebEx, Zoom, BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, and other live streaming/on demand solutions.
- Remain in constant contact with Office Managers, Departmental leads, and/or site-specific IT staff to collect input on conferencing services and issues effecting performance and support. Take immediate and decisive action on reported issues.
- Provide written and in-person instruction to IT and Client Services staff on use of equipment and services as appropriate.
- Respond to requests from HelpDesk, other team members, and management.
- Develop and deliver (either in-person or with HelpDesk personnel) a routine schedule to inspect equipment and rooms for damage, cleanliness, and function. Address identified issues.
- Prepare conference room equipment for use in presentation situations. Coordinate delivery of presentations from presenters, set up equipment, and prepare presentations for viewing.
- Maintain software, firmware, and driver software of video conference hardware, including ensuring that it passes all security protocols.
- Maintain user accounts for videoconference vendor(s), keeping passwords, use, and naming conventions standard formats and adhering to security standards.