Position: Director Product Management, Operations
Summary: As a key member of the GreenSky product development team, the Director of Product Management for our Operations team will lead product development, feature functionality, and user experience of both new products and technologies and iterate on existing products, geared toward creating an efficient and pleasant user experience that results in customers proactively choosing self-service or low cost options to serve.
As a Director of Product, you will act as the product owner and collaborate with stakeholders to define, plan, and design the appropriate end-to-end cross channel experiences and solutions from a customer point of view.
• Possess a unique blend of business, project management, and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Lead the product development process by helping to define business process, quantify feature benefits and success criteria, user experience and providing necessary documentation for assigned products, including wireframes, process maps and functional design/requirement documents.
• Collaboratively lead a team of engineers, designers and operators to solve complex real-world challenges with simple, usable products.
• Design go-to-market plan including value proposition, communication and training strategy, and cost impact. Support distribution activities and amplify the voice of the customer.
• Relentlessly optimize a dynamic, agile roadmap and balance against corporate objectives.
• Author specifications that balance short-term value capture and long-term product strategy.
• Manage and develop detailed product road maps, user experience mock ups, release notes, user documentation, feedback loops on early release plans and results.
• Quantitatively analyze product performance and new feature opportunities.
• Lead day to day technical oversight for the products.
• Create, design and develop business process and workflow and feature/functionality/user experience that achieves the business objective while balancing future use/scale capability to technical/operational effort.
• Define and capture feature requirements; manages scope of release; acts as product owner in development process.
• Work across various application groups to ensure an integrated Technical Product launch, including comprehensive solution technical documentation, pre-launch demos, and integrated user acceptance test plans.
• Work with Operations to ensure successful product launch execution and support; with Sales Implementation and Support to produce sales demo and training materials for internal use.
• 7+ years of product management experience in the financial services, fin-tech, and/or eCommerce industries. Preference is given to candidates with experience in servicing online consumer financial services products.
• You have proven experience and passion for building & scaling great products.
• You are excited about product optimization, defining hypotheses, and A/B testing methodologies.
• You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship.
• You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a testing plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration.
• You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
• Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
• You must have a great understanding and empathy for our users.
• You are a leader with excellent collaboration skills and are "willing to give away your Legos".
• You are passionate about analyzing complex financial information and have created data & growth models.
*Management experience is a strong plus.
*Knowledgeable in digital, technology, IVR systems and the payments space preferred.
*This position requires occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites in the US