The Director of Business Planning & Corporate Intelligence ("BPCI") has responsibility to develop and maintain (i) business line financial forecasts, (ii) business line profitability analysis, key operating metric tracking, analysis, interpretation and reporting, (iii) loan product profitability analysis and dashboard reports, (iv) competitor analysis, and (v) provide decision support in connection with proposed pricing modifications, mergers, acquisitions, and/or strategic alliances. Develop and provide key metrics and insight to senior management that allow for informed decision-making on strategic planning and decision making regarding the creation of the management priorities. Presides over the development of and maintenance of the complete financial statement projection tools.
The Director of BPCI will report to the Company?s SVP of BPCI and is expected to collaborate closely with the Company?s CFO and Business Unit Leaders in providing vital Business Planning and Corporate Intelligence insights.
Key competencies required for the position:
- Deep Financial Planning & Analysis Capabilities: Leading Candidates must possess deep FP&A experience, including the ability to develop and maintain a comprehensive activity based financial projection model. Financial Statement knowledge, including a comprehensive understanding and appreciation for the interrelationships between Balance Sheets, Statement of Operations and Statement of Cash Flows required.
- Advanced Financial Modeling Capabilities: Advanced financial modeling skills, including extensive use of macros, pivot tables, and other contemporary modeling techniques.
- Financial Services Industry/Consumer Loan Products Familiarity: Prior Financial Services Industry experience; Consumer Loan Products understanding/experience preferred.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Orientation: Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills that are used to track, analyze, interpret and report key historical and projected operating metrics, trends, and financial results. Able to take "deep dive" into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture. Takes a systematic, structured view of situations, deconstructing them into their fundamental elements. Insists on proof in data, peeling back layers to understand root causes, and uses data to anticipate/project emerging issues, drive innovation and support business decision-making.
- Results Oriented: Results oriented, including the capacity to both think strategically and execute tactically, embodying a blend of technical, creative, business and communications skills.
- Effective Communication and Decision Making: Highly articulate and able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required, and a number of possible alternatives are available. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Persuasiveness/Influence: Excellent ability to lead by influence and gain respect. Builds effective coalitions. Prioritizes, and moves the agenda forward. Builds and sustains relationships across all functions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of plans.
- Conducts competitor analysis in support of proposed new product line and/or industry vertical entry, mergers, acquisitions, and/or strategic alliances.
- Leverages available and newly developed systems data to create management and P&L reporting for assigned business lines.
- Creates and maintains management reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis containing profitability analysis, segment metrics, and capital utilization analysis.
- Presents financial and operational results to senior management on a regular and ad-hoc basis, including trends and competitive analysis giving full insight into the Company?s P&L.
- Provides key metrics to senior management that allow for informed decision-making on strategic planning and decision making regarding the creation of management priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.